Wednesday 29 April 2009

Eastway in real steel


What used to be Eastway (it was razed to make way for the 2012 Olympics, causing me to shoot the final year's racing and produce a commemorative book) the road and mtb track in east London is dear to many people's hearts. It is where I rode my first races and got my deepest knee scars from what was once a waste tip. Rumour has it it was a burial ground during the Great Plague so a tetanus jab was always de rigeur! Lots of racers passed through the rusty gates to enjoy a unique vibe. My mates Julian and Phil over at Cyclefit also remembered the track with their own Eastway Signature Glider bike. Now they have gone one better with an all steel Eastway built in the Old Way by the masters at Mercian. And over at Vollebak you can witness the frame in all its glory (plus a couple of my snaps during Eastway's final hurrah). I believe only ten of these beauties are being made so dream on, my friends, dream on!

No comments:

Post a Comment