Friday 22 May 2009

Fakin'theTS


Fakin'theTS, originally uploaded by wideopenwaugh.

This is two tests in one. Firstly I wanted to blog this image via my Flickr account and secondly, I wanted to try out the capabilities of this site It doesn't look too bad eh? Not perfect but good enough to make some people wonder if shelling out a lot of dosh - £600 upwards dependent on what spec floats your boat- for the Real Thing. You will see if you visit the site that it couldn't be easier. Upload, have a play with a couple of sliders, export and badabing! your very own tilt shift image. It's a bit ironic that this fake way of making shifted focal plane images has arrived just as a mini-spate of real lenses has hit the market. It makes me wish I had bought the 5x4 field camera my brother got for nowt when Joe's Basement, the 24 hour London Processing lab went belly up, but hey, you can't have it all. Meanwhile, like all the other digital natives, I'm prepared to fiddle with this little diversion for a while.

2 comments:

  1. I think it would cost you a lot more than £600 to find a tilt shift fisheye...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making one in my garage. Get your orders in.

    ReplyDelete