Wednesday 31 March 2010

Win, win, win! The last copy of Goodbye Quartermile Lane.

Back in 2006 when I heard the Eastway cycle circuit in east London was to be razed to make way for the 2012 Olympic games stadia I got off the sofa and photographed a lot of the final races. Some may recall I made them into book that sold out (you wouldn't know that bit!). Well, I have unearthed a copy. (I like saying unearthed because it's sounds a bit like I have found some Beatles or Dylan photees or something).  It is the very last copy to be produced and since they were printed I have lost the layout templates - but you can make it yours in this so-easy-it's-stupid-not-to-have-a-shot competition.
All you have to do is follow me on Twitter and tell me in no more than 100 words-direct mail please not tweets -what made Eastway such a great place to be. Simples!
Obviously, this will appeal to London centric types but folk travelled from far afield to sample its delights. Even the best ever cyclist - no, no, not Lance Armstrong - Eddy Merckx, tipped up one time.  International cyclocross races have been contested in the grass and mud around the periphery. Testers, mtbers those funny bikes that look like coffee beans and the ladies that worked the tea urns and made the cakes all gave the circuit such a great vibe. So here's your chance to own a slice of cycling history with none of those boring old words - just pictures. Wahey!

No comments:

Post a Comment