Saturday 13 June 2009

Throwing your toys out of the gondola




The World Cup downhill course at Fort William in the bonny Highlands has seen some cameras on its damp midge-infested slopes. Imagine how many pixels are born and die during just one race, let alone an entire season... That's one of the reasons this year I took my toy Holga. It's a change of pace. You can kick back a little and view the scene in a slightly different way. And if you don't take all the DSLRS paraphenalia (I did) then you can travel as light as a small plastic box will allow. And whilst I was recovering from a big walk down Aonach Mor and hoping to find somewhere open that sold food, my bike colleague Andy Waterman was at the Smithfield Nocturne shooting the road crits through a toy of his own. Check it out. And whilst your at it check back to see my 'Ten of the Best' 'proper' pictures from the race over on my site. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment