Sunday 22 November 2009

It's a mystery, it's a mystery


My front room came under a painter's brush recently and it forced to me pull down a few old cameras I have on the shelves. One of them is this little beauty - the Ilford Sportsman (no less) - which I bought a couple of years ago from a Help the Aged shop. I love looking at these contraptions with their fiddly little shutter, aperture and film speed settings but look is usually all I do. I don't care if they work or not because more often than not they are bought as props.
But I decided to relieve this camera of its leather (real!) case and put it back in its place in all its glory. Then I got to play around with it a bit and wound the film rewind. I even opened the back and to my surprise this roll of Ilford FP4 black and white film was nestling inside! In fact the film dial has brands of Ilford stock rather than film speeds stated in ISOs; HP5, FP4 F Pan, etc.



Obviously, I have fogged part of the film but what remains on the rest of the roll? Holiday snaps from a time long gone?Saucy pix from a hotel on the A5? Or nothing at all? I will get it processed. Oooh the suspense is killing me. Er, nearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment