Saturday 14 November 2009

Personal work pays...



Yep, I scored a front cover with one of my fixie images. Actually the very first pic I took when I embarked on the project. Obviously, I either zoned in pretty quick or the subject was cool and relaxed. Or Both. This the cover the British Institute of Professional Photographer's monthly mag called - wait for it..... The Photographer. Yay! In its wisdom it decided to interview me about my work and run the piece in the December issue. Luckily for me, the editor also deemed to place the fixie fashionista on the front, proving that crash, bang peak of action isn't all I do.
So it appears that personal projects can pay off and are a most worthwhile undertaking. Not only have I made a nice little set of images, I have met some really nice people and made some interesting contacts along the way. Like the time I was shooting right outside Intersection offices and the publisher stuck his head out of the door to see what all the commotion was about. Priceless.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Geoff - it's a cracking image and very well deserved!

    ReplyDelete